Sunday, February 21, 2016

With Diabetes, Every Day Is Tough

A few weeks ago, I was talking to another person diagnosed with diabetes and we agreed that we've learned through the years to just "roll with it." If that's not a term with which you're familiar, to "roll with" something just means to "go with the flow," "deal with it," "let it be what it is." But whatever term you use, it's sometimes easier said than done, huh?

That's one of the reasons I wrote Your Life Isn't Over ~ It May Have Just Begun! There were many times those first few years that I would have greatly appreciated a little book that was full of inside tips and hints all in one place and in a style that didn't make me feel as if I was reading a dictionary.

Unfortunately, managing diabetes never becomes easy or simple or predictable or foolproof. Which means that every day is tough and some days are downright exasperating. On those days, it often helps me to spend a little time on a good diabetes-oriented website, like dlife.com where folks who know what they're talking about can lighten my load. One of those folks is Jim Turner and here's an example:

No comments:

Post a Comment